Friday, August 10, 2007

Free Pattern for Harry Potter Fans

I must sheepishly admit that I am one of the biggest kids at heart I know (my dear husband aside) and with that great grown up childishness I possess am an unashamed fan of the Harry Potter series of books written by J. K. Rowling. I have seen everyone of the movies and must confess that despite the seeming lack of ability to dress like "muggles" in the book, the film adaptations of these books has lent a certain fashion sophistication to many of the characters in the books. This is particularly true when it comes to knit items. Perhaps that is the result of Ron's mum having a love of knitting.

Whatever the reason, there have been some awesome and amazing knitting patterns that have been seen in these movies. Many of them are so good that fans have attempted to mimick them in their own knitting patterns. Whether simple or complicated there is a little something to fill the needs of almost every knitter. One of the more fascinating knitting patterns I've found from the Harry Potter movies was the hat Ron was wearing in Prisoner of Azkaban as they are enjoying what appeared to be enchanted animal crackers. At any rate, if you are at all interested in Harry Potter and happen to love free knitting patterns (and who doesn't?) that are a little beyond your ordinary basic beginning pattern, then perhaps this is a great project to sink your "muggle" knitting needles into.

No comments: