Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Free Knitting Patterns

Once a week I will attempt to point out sources for free knitting patterns. Keep in mind that many of these sources are also trying to earn money by selling some patterns, kits, and other such items but they will have some patterns that are available at absolutely no charge. It is up to you to sort through the patterns however and find those that are not only interesting but also well within your abilities.

This week is the first week I am attempting this project. I have found a great resource for free knitting patterns that I am delighted to share. The one drawback is that these patterns are for knitters of varying levels. This means that even if you find a pattern you love (there are some adorable patterns on this site) you must read through the instructions carefully to get a real feel for whether or not this is a knitting pattern that is within your abilities. I say this mainly for very beginning knitters (I count myself as one) as I have found many patterns that simply have my jaw dropping in their complexity and yet my daughter thinks she can just pick any old pattern up and get to work. Her reasoning is that I can always bail her out if it gets too complicated (if only that were true).

At any rate, this week I would like to direct you to the website of the Craft Yarn Council of America where there are many neat and interesting projects for you to pursue. More importantly there are plenty of free knitting patterns that should keep you busy at least until I post another free source for knitting patterns some time next week.

No comments: