I found this gem of a book for young knitters at the Mass Ave Knit Shop in Indianapolis, Indiana. I bought it for my 12 year old who is also learning to knit, though a little behind my abilities, if anyone can imagine that.
At any rate, the benefits of The Kids' Knitting Notebook for young knitters, and old knitters alike (I'm really considering ordering one for my own knitting needs) is that it has very simple and easy to read instructions, several fun projects, numbered references to terms and step by step instructions, as well as pokets. I know I probably just got a bunch of blank stares but it's true this book has pockets, which I find infinitely useful.
Knitting is not a hobby for those that are scatterbrained. Unfortunately, I'm very scatterbrained and, God love her, my daughter didn't fall too very far from that apple tree. At any rate, these pockets allow us to keep things like the care instructions for the yarn, buttons, sticky notes, and our knitting markers all within easy reach while knitting.
Another great thing about this book is its size. This book isn't too terribly bulky and fits easily into our knitting bags along with our other notions and necessities. This makes it portable, practical, and full of excellent nuggests of information as well as some really fun and funky patterns.
Among the patterns in The Kids' Knitting Notebook, which make it ideal for teens or those who knit for teens are headbands, purses, belts, flip flop embellishments, fingerless gloves, scarves, hats, leg warmers, kerchiefs, tanks, and sweaters. It's a great book that will take young and budding knitters from the beginning of their knitting journey and keep them going well on through some of the more difficult tasks that knitters face along the way.
This book is geared to appeal to teen knitters but is an excellent resource for beginning knitters of all ages. It touches on basic stitches as well as some of the more advanced techniques. This is a great book for knitters of all ages and will be one to keep around for a reference book for many years to come. It is a book I highly recommend for young knitters. Whether your are looking for the perfect birthday or holiday gift or simply a good starter book for teens wanting to learn to knit The Kids' Knitting Notebook is an excellent choice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment